ISSA NoVa Risk Management Framework Lifeboat
Saturday, May 2, 2020 --- 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM EDT
Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) finally "has teeth," at least with the DoD!
Hear Dr. Michael Chipley describe how Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) DoD data on vendors’ IT systems is to be protected and be ready to advise your clients.
During his presentation, Dr. Chipley will address how DoD implements these DoD protective implementations and primary documents:
- Executive Order 13556 – Controlled Unclassified Information – establishes a program for managing CUI and emphasizes the openness and uniformity of Government-wide practice – dated November 4, 2010
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation DFARS[masked] Safeguarding Covered Defense Information
- DoD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Templates and documents needed to create a Cyber Risk Management Plan (CRMP)
The presentation will also cover how to:
- Harden systems using the DoD Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tool and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs),
- Conduct audits of the OS, Windows and components logs,
- Conduct vulnerability scans, and
- Use the DoD Advanced Industrial Control Systems Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to detect, contain and eradicate malware and exploits.
PRESENTER BIO: Dr. Chipley has over 35 years of consulting experience in Program and Project Management in the areas of Cybersecurity, Energy, Environmental and Sustainable Design (LEED, Energy Star and Carbon Footprint); Critical Infrastructure Protection and Analysis; Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technology; and Emergency Management/Disaster Recovery. He is trained as a SANS Global Industrial Control Systems Professional, a Project Management Professional, and a LEED Accredited Professional. Dr. Chipley is currently the President of The PMC Group, LLC providing RMF project management and technical support for government and commercial
NOTE THE LOCATION : On-Line Zoom Meeting.
The standard Zoom registration for this online event is to the right. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Notice that Zoom makes it easy for you to add the information for this virtual Zoom meeting to your Google, Outlook, or Yahoo calendars. You must have a Zoom account to register. Free Zoom accounts are available.
The Zoom meeting is available for early log-in at 9am. The presentation will begin at 9:30am. It will end sometime close to 11:30am. The exact ending time will depend on the speaker and our group interaction together. Although the Zoom meeting is scheduled for 9am-12pm, the host can continue it as long as people would like to stay in our virtual meeting room. Zoom does not automatically end its virtual meetings at the scheduled end time.
Besides earning Professional Development Units (PDUs) for participating our RMF LifeBoat ISSA Education Group meeting, we all receive the encouragement and help we need for our cyber security professional growth. The friendly interactive presentations by our members of the meetup always lead to lively respectful discussions. Members always take away information that they that can be applied on the job in the following weeks! In additional our LifeBoat group meetings provide opportunities for the all-important professional networking. If you have a vexing problem, share with like-minded security professionals. They may have already successfully developed a way forward to resolve it.