Booz Allen Foundation Educators
STEM Open House
This event will provide educators with a deeper understanding of current STEM career options and available resources in Northern Virginia
About this Event
Date And Time: Sat, February 29, 2020, 8:15 AM – 1:30 PM EST
Location: Marymount University - Ballston Center, 1000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22201
This open house will provide a unique opportunity for NOVA educators to interact with STEM professionals as they share their educational pathways and the skills they needed to succeed. Learn about ground-breaking resources and programs available to you as a NOVA educator.
- Learn about the broad spectrum of STEM careers currently available as well as the future workforce needs of Northern Virginia
- Meet STEM professionals from various industries and learn how their educational pathways led them to where they are now
- Hear from public and private sector representatives on the skillsets they are looking for in STEM career candidates
- Learn what other school districts and local organizations are doing to promote STEM activities
- Understand how local organizations are building diversity in the STEM workforce
- Get ideas on how to connect classroom STEM learning with real-world problem solving
- Learn about STEM programs and resources you can leverage to educate your students
8:15 AM – 9:00 AM Networking and Registration
9:00 AM – 10:15 AM Welcome and Plenary Session
10:15 AM – 1:30 PM Resource Fair Opens
10:40 AM – 11:40 AM Breakout Sessions
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Breakout Sessions
Pastries and light refreshments will be served throughout the event.
Optional Afternoon Session
Understanding the Educator’s Perspective: Exploring Current Roadblocks Impeding Pathways to STEM Careers (1:30 PM-3:30 PM)
We want to hear from you! Booz Allen’s Design/Thinking experts will moderate an optional afternoon session for educators to share their perspectives on the current roadblocks hindering inclusive STEM career pathways. Lunch will be provided for participants. This event has limited capacity.
- Marymount University
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission
- Arlington County Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public School
- Northern Virginia Community College
About The Booz Allen Foundation
Mission: To be a convening force for the social sector, bringing together thought leaders and diverse perspectives to use innovation and technology advancements to help solve challenging social issues and build community resilience from the ground up.
For more information, go to boozallenfoundation.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Please email email@example.com for questions on the event.
Is my registration transferrable? If you can no longer attend the event, you may transfer your registration to a colleague via Eventbrite. You may update it on the registration website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Public transportation (bus or metro) is located conveniently within a few blocks of the Marymount University - Ballston Center. Parking is also available on-site. Participants who park in the Marymount University - Ballston Center will receive complimentary parking. Directions will be provided closer to the event to all registered attendees.
Do you need any special access for the event? Please contact us at email@example.com if you need special access during the Open House.